HLAA Advocacy HLAAAdvocacy@hlaagroups.hearingloss.orgAn HLAA Advocacy group for people interested in advocating for communication access.
Welcome to the HLAA Advocacy Group. This Group has been established to support you: advocates across the country working to make life better for people with hearing loss.
We welcome discussion, advocacy tips and successes, discussions about advocacy locally and federally. Our goal with this group is to have a place to exchange information, to support each other and to have a dialog about the issues that impact us most as well as discuss some of the most effective ways to get there.
Group Code of Conduct
1. HLAA Code of Conduct - HLAA is committed to the highest ethical, personal, legal and moral standards. https://www.hearingloss.org/about-hlaa/code-of-conduct/
2. Conflict of Interest - Participants may share their experiences, but must not promote or endorse any products, services and companies. No soliciting is allowed.
3. Be Kind and Courteous - We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
4. No Hate Speech or Bullying-Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind is not allowed, and degrading comments about disability, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
5. No Promotions or Spam - Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed.
6. Respect Everyone’s Privacy - Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. No postings should be forwarded or shared without express written permission from the author.
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of HLAA.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.