How did you get v5.4.4? You must have a pre-release instance. Per release notes, it is due out today:
December 7, 2020 version TBD
However, as of 8:15 AM PT, it is not out yet:
Zoom Client for Meetings
The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, and is also available for manual download here.
Version 5.4.3 (58891.1115)
Interestingly, this new captioning feature is not listed in the release notes:
Changes to existing features
- Change to default behavior of desktop notifications for upcoming meetings
New users will have this setting enabled by default, reminding them of upcoming meetings through a desktop notification. Existing users will not be affected, keeping this setting as it currently is on their profile. This can be enabled through the Settings page in the Zoom web portal, or in the desktop client’s general settings.
New and enhanced features
- General features
- Partially encrypted meeting warning
Unencrypted connections, such as audio through phone dial-in, unencrypted SIP/H.323 devices, or streaming via RTMP, will alert the host and other attendees that some aspects of the meeting are not fully encrypted.
- Additional MSI/GPO option
- Disable video filters - DisableVideoFilters
- Meeting features
- Enhanced co-host privileges over Breakout Rooms
Co-hosts have the same breakout room controls as the meeting host, such as starting or ending breakout rooms, assigning participants, etc.
- Move participants to main session from breakout room
Hosts and co-hosts have the option to assign a participant back to the main session, rather than ending all breakout sessions.
- Phone features
- Enhanced notification for unknown emergency address
For users that have enabled nomadic emergency services, we enhanced the visibility of the pop-up notification that prompts users to confirm or update their emergency address when they are in an unknown location. A user's current emergency address is also now persistently shown in the Phone tab in the client settings.
- Resolved issue for subset of users regarding local chat transcripts saving in the incorrect location
- Security enhancements
- Minor bug fixes
On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 9:50 PM Carolyn Odio <carolyn@...
Wow Zoom has captions! You may have already known about this but just in case, I am passing this along. I just learned about it.
Since I do not have a free account, rather I have a paid account, I do not know if the free account has this functionality.
1) I am on Version 5.4.4 and here is where you update your zoom account...just in case you need to:
I just went into settings and turned it on.
Here is what it looks like. Go ahead and try it.
3) And then when you enter the meeting, as a host, you need to click on the CC Icon and click on: Live Transcript: Enable Auto Transcription!
Carolyn J. Odio
(703) 725-8292 iPhone/Text
Residence: 1835 Circle LN SE, Apt 425, Lacey, WA 98503